I have written for a number of websites and blogs in recent years, a selection of my writing can be found below.
- MAD Blog Awards: I edit the website, blog and social media accounts for the UK’s largest awards for parent blogs
- Tots100: I provide copywriting and editing services to the publishers of the Tots100
- SEO Copy: I work with a number of agencies providing copy in the fields of Parenting, Lifestyle, HR, Recruitment, Training, Sales & Marketing
- I also write the SEO and blog for a leading shoe retailer Pettits
- You can read my features over at In the Powder Room
- Or you can read my other blog about thrifty living and cooking cheaply at fromspendingtosaving
Interested in working with me?
I have a facebook following of over 500, and a twitter genuine follower number of 3,600, northernmum has a page rank of 4 and I have a klout score of 60 (correct at time of writing – it does change on occasion).
I am the winner of the 2011 Mad Blog Award for Family Life
I am also the winner of the 2012 Mad Blog Award for Best Writer
I was a shortlisted finalist in the Brilliance in Blogging Award for Funniest Blog in 2012
What I can offer
I can offer social media support, copy skills, guest blogging, SEO copy, and editorial skills. I speak at events regarding blogging and parenting issues and am happy to discuss this further.
Please contact me on email@example.com to discuss rates and availability.
To advertise on northernmum either by sponsored content, sidebar advertising or product reviews please have a look at my disclosure page. Please note I don’t host guest content or Press releases for free and I get a little bit grumpy when asked to do so.
Who am I?
I am mother, writer and trainer. I have three lovely children, seven year old twins and a two year old toddler. We have had our share of health problems in the last couple of years and I use this space to share our experiences and keep my sanity. I write a lot about type1 diabetes and Hip Dyplasia and I try whenever possible to make my readers laugh.
I find parenting my biggest challenge so far, and to avoid drowning in a bottle of gin I vent my frustrations on the written page. However the truth be told, I adore my children, my manic working life and look forward to waxing lyrical about my life and family for many years to come.