Lockdown has given most people some additional time on their hands.
And we all know from the delivery times online and lack of stock, that decorating has been high on many peoples agenda!
We have been very much the same, and currently I am living in a house that has many rooms that need finishing!
My daughters room was our initial project, and to be fair – it is looking quite rosy.
All with the exception of the carpet, which is years old and needs replacing as soon as I can get someone in to do it!
We have repainted the walls with a funky pink glitter pain, have popped the money aside for a new carpet, and carpet installation costs!
New bedding has been laid out, and the wood furniture given a quick once over with varnish.
Not everything needs to be brand new to look good!
My Top Tips for redecorating a childs room.
- Get them involved – kids love helping make their room their own.
- Budget and stick to it, you can find many budget items online that can give a room a whole new lease of life.
- Lighting – get it right and you can breathe life into a small space – we have placed LED lights around the room – and she LOVES them.
- If budget allows – you can create more space by putting in a high rise bed so making a play area underneath.
- Neutral wall colours work well (and easy to touch up if someone gets creative with crayons)
And my key hint – if it all goes wrong redecorating in Lockdown – don’t panic because no one is coming to visit!
And when this is over – you can get friends in to help – as everyone will be super keen to see each other!
Featured post – see disclosure page for details