Home Styling Tips: how to live with kids…..
1. White walls: perfect for crayoning; why fight the inevitable….
2. At least a toilet per person, once they are out of nappies get Santa to bring them a loo - failure to do so will result in an Irish jigging audience whenever you try to have a bowel movement.
3. The perfect bed: the more snuggly it is the more chance they have of staying in it, try Silentnight beds
4. If you can’t achieve number three consider investing in bulk amounts of gaffer tape to help keep them between the sheets.
5. Don’t invest in child proof locks, the kids will figure them out long before you and be at the gin whilst you are still trying to get into the glasses cupboard.
6. A secret under ground passage (think Harry Potter going to Hogsmeade without permission) straight to Toys r us; the perfect toy storage solution.
7. A garden with witches and bogeyman living at the end of it; they are cheap tenants and ensure the children never escape out of the back gate.
8. Glossy white doors, they show up the little hand prints forever so you don’t have to pay a stranger an exorbitant amount to secure the same image in clay.
9. Once you have over two children turn your dining room into a playroom; no one is going to want to come over and eat dinner with you anymore.
10. Take a sledge-hammer to the garage door, whack it impressively to ensure continuity of dints once your son has started football training…
Anyone have any more to add?
*Disclaimer: This post is written by me but sponsored by the lovely beds over at Silentnight.
** Photo credit