Sugar Baby…..

Chocolate,

Just the very word tastes delicious on my tongue.  It rolls around getting caught between syllables and leaves a sensation of heaven in my thoughts.

Twin boy and girl weren’t allowed to taste the fruit of the cocoa tree till they were at least three.  In fact I remember at their first birthday party watching a family member spear a piece of cake and wave it frighteningly near twin girls mouth.  I managed to vault three small people, clear an armchair and cry, ‘noooooo’ whilst flailing my arms around madly.  When I arrived next to my ‘no added sugar child’ I managed to gasp out the words “she doesn’t eat chocolate or cake.” And then removed the fork and handed the baby a blueberry instead, which to twin girls credit, was happily received.

Roll forward a few years to today and suddenly it seems I am a changed woman.  Today I discovered two things;

1. It is pure idiocy to start a diet on the day you visit Cadburys World.

2. My third baby is a chocoholic.

BB tasted the chocolate dream months ago, one could accuse me of using chocolate buttons as a silencer on the rare occasion she has dared to cry.  Easter was a time of great joy for my beautiful baby when she discovered how big pieces of chocolate really could be.  So can you imagine her joy when she rocked up at a chocolate factory.

From the moment we arrived it was a voyage of emotions for BB.  Heaven when she was handed a Crunchie on the tour, hell when I whipped it away, heaven when I gave her back a smaller piece, hell when it was all firmly all gone and was sitting in her tummy and on her face.

Consequently following a rather fabulous day out, which was provided for us by Superbreak, BB then proceeded to scorn a plate of lovely cooked vegetables preferring instead to inspect her person for left over smears of chocolate sauce.

I remain ashamed of my poor parenting skills third time round with my obvious lack of nutritious enforcement, but hey two out of three aint bad?

Let’s just call it an experiment in diversification of my parenting skills.

And boy, look how happy she is….

Superbreak offer some rather fabulous deals, break, hotels and days away.  I can highly recommend Cadbury World short breaks, however for the love of God don’t go if you are trying to diet.  I gained ten pounds as I entered the factory, however I can guarantee your children will love it…..

Plus if you are looking to stay locally check out the site for Birmingham Hotels

Names In Chocolate

18 Comments

1. August 11, 2011 / 8:04 am

What’s the next step up from chocolate though? Lyra won’t get in the bath even if I bribe her with chocolate now… What next? Class A drugs?

2. August 11, 2011 / 8:17 am

BB looks drunk on chocolate! I daren’t take Frog to Cadburys World – I don’t think there’d be any chocolate left if I took her there…

• August 11, 2011 / 10:55 am

She was like a baby possessed. Was hilarious!

3. August 11, 2011 / 12:13 pm

Amazed you got your first two to 3 years without choc – well done! I’d never have got through potty training without chocolate buttons. My toddler has some every day – I try to make it better for her by always eating some of it myself …

• August 11, 2011 / 12:33 pm

Ooh good plan.

Mine were late to the potty! And yes smarties saved the day!

4. August 11, 2011 / 12:14 pm

Love it. All 3 of mine are chocoholics! I tried convincing Caitlyn (my middle 1) that fruit was better, but with a fussy big brother who is a bloody nightmare (no meat, no fruit, insists on pasta with his Sunday dinner instead of the roast) I found myself fighting a losing battle, I found some ‘chocolate’ yoghurts by petie falous (or however you spell it) I bung one of them in with 4 apples and 4 banannas and blend, they get they’re chocolate fix and fruit to boot! I am staying well clear of Cadbury’s world, I’m sure I’d find all 3 kids (including the 5 month old) and my husband swimming in a vat of chocolate!

• August 11, 2011 / 12:32 pm

There is a Vat of chocolate there but you would have to break through glass to get it! Twin boy tried….

5. August 11, 2011 / 1:13 pm

Cadbury’s world sounds amazing – do they do adult only days?

6. August 11, 2011 / 7:17 pm

Ha ha, Z didn’t have chocolate till he grabbed part of his first birthday cake and put it to his lips before anyone could stop him, until then it had been organic fruit only…baby H however, *whispers* had a pom bear earlier, and a bit of ice lolly and the other day when I was really desperate ( on the phone to my friend ) a bit of dairy milk. xx

7. August 11, 2011 / 9:53 pm

I promise I really really did not read this before writing my latest post 🙂 Glad the trip to Cadbury’s World went well xx

8. August 12, 2011 / 7:49 am

I’m tempted to start the day with chocolate. Le husband and I differ on the sugar thing. Wonder what we’ll end up doing when it’s no longer just milk going in the belly. Looks like you all had a lot of fun.

9. August 13, 2011 / 9:28 am

Jealous that you went to Cadbury’s world have to say! It looks fantastic xx